Sunday, March 06, 2005

Trinity Formal (3rd March)


Trinity formal (3rd March) clockwise fr left: Tsing Ling, Chee Lup, Sinyi, Me. happy wine-RS!!!!


well..red wine this time..clockwise from left: Chee Lup, Irene, Sinyi, Me.

the week after the toiling for Malaysian Food feast was a lazy week filled with staying in and basically enjoy my room without worrying about the feast..ahh..bliss. then came the Trinity formal..thanks Piing Chau. The food was Fanstatic.....except for the dessert *makes face* but the compensatory dessert from Sains made up for it...hehe.. well, every formal wouldn't be complete without any wine, red or white.. well we got both, as evidently seen. Finally got a chance to try port but we made a mistake and bought a lousy port... so I didn't really like it very much..apparently it's a female drink as well, meaning that it's sweet. in the same sense that Baileys, Sheridan, Malibu are girl drinks as well..I finally came to a conclusion, if I don't get anything out of my Cambridge experience [touch wood!], at least I learnt how to cook for 200 ppl and got an alcohol education..*wink*

I've just got back from Oxford today but I have no pics to post up as yet..I'd still prefer Cambridge over Oxford though even Oxford have bigger colleges, bigger streets, more shopping area [they even have Zara!! *scandalised*], better selection of food chinese, western or otherwise..

Does no place like home ring a bell? i realized that i've grown quite attached to Cambridge and over the course of 6 months, it has become my home. All the small lanes with bicycles, and squashed-up buildings near each other, all the small pattiseries to get sinful pastries like Nadia's, Presto, midnight jaunt out to Gardies, jogging along the river, meeting up with Sinyi for lunch dates have become a norm and something to look forward to.

And my room has become my haven.. coming back to my quiet room at the end of a busy day, I'll just sit on my chair and stare outside to my window and recollect myself. peace.quiet moment. silence. *contented*

No comments: