Saturday, June 25, 2005

Closure.

Finally finished packing. Everything that belongs to me are now in brown boxes, ready to be tossed into the storage room. Feeling drained, melancholy, wistful.

I thought that I'll be esctatic by the prospect of going home but now I have a deep sick feeling in my stomach. I will miss my room, Cambridge, my friends terribly over summer. Over the year, my room has become my home. My little sanctuary from the outside. A place where all my inhibitions are removed. A welcome relief after a long day. Cards, photos of family & friends, posters etc, random stuff thrown about my room. These all made my room Mine. Now, emptied of anything that belongs to me, it feels alien and strange again. Like back on Night One, when I was a fresh-eyed fresher, feeling excited but lost.

That is how I am feeling about year 2. A tad wary of what lies ahead. Unsure of many many things. Feeling like a piece of wood being tossed about in the sea during a violent storm; having no control over what will be happening next.

That is exactly how I felt throughout this year. Making decisions along the way, no beforehand planning. Some regrettable, some not. Lost some friends, gained some. I have had the best moment and pulled through the worst moment.

Though still feeling lost, at least now I know what I want out of from my year 2; what I'll do differently. and the faith that whatever that is thrown at me, I'll pull through somehow.

Yes, my year 1 and my room has both served their purpose. Time to close the door. To say Goodbye.

No comments: