Sunday, July 10, 2005

KL.

I did miss KL as well.

Back in 4 hour-bus rides to and fro. Back to noisy, packed, smelly Pudu. Back to Major Huge shopping complexes. Back to Good Japanese Sushi. Back to cranky, funny taxi drivers.

*grin*

It doesn't feel quite like back yet till I went into this taxi driver who loudly proclaimed that a bridge collapsed and killed 5000 people. Then he went on a rant about people shopping that are causing all the massive jam and why does people shop anyway. Ah well, the lil' shopaholic me kept quiet. ;) Bemused by what he said and was not really believing till I saw the night papers. OMG! It's true except for the 5000 killed ppl that is. It's just that a part of the bridge under construction has fallen off. So yes, back to funny/cranky taxi drivers. Hahaha, I have met my share of them and most of them are soooo funny. You have the cranky ones which complain about traffic/weather/politics. You have the nice, fatherly types who tell you to be careful in the Big, bad city, KL. You have the really inquisitive ones who ask you where you stay, where you stay, where you come from. and from time to time, you'll have the quiet one that doesn't say anything. and When u are really unlucky, you get the ones which bleed you dry. e.g. RM20 from Pudu to Midvalley. sigh.

Basically this trip, I ate a lot and shopped a lot. and oooh..*clap clap* found a really good restaurant below Cititel Midvalley that does To-Die-For Siu Loong Pau. *smacks lips*

One rant that I have about my trip is however about "Get LayPing attached" campaign. At every other minute, she'll lament about me still being single. and how if I don't take the opportunities that come my way, I'll miss my "jodoh" and will live a lonely old maid with 1001 cats or something. Then, when I cannot tahan, I will just shake my hands and tell her I don't want to get married. Then, that'll start her campaign again. sigh. I need a better tactic to ward her off. I am just 21. Give me break. and the She is my Mum. sigh....

Ok. Back to happy things. Bus ride back to Penang and crossing the Penang Bridge at night. Brings back lovely memories of bus rides during Taylors with Sookie/Justine/Alan/Alvin and sometimes alone.

*grins*

No comments: